Our Miracle

Our Miracle

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

To IVF or Not to IVF

That is the question. We had the consult with our doctor last Friday. I asked for a more aggressive plan of action. The current plan, clearly, is not working.

My RE agreed. He agreed so much that he discussed IVF as an option.

That threw me for a loop at first. I thought IVF was the last resort. I was thinking more along the lines of an intermediate step. You know, bring on the injectables. That kind of thing.

But with my unicornuate uterus, injectables don't make sense. After talking it through, it is down to either keep on keeping on and stick with the oral meds/IUI for a little longer or go for broke with IVF.

I'm stat gathering. I'm reading blogs. I'm talking about it ad naseum to my poor husband, who is wonderfully supportive and will honestly be okay with whatever I think is best. But I'm sure he wishes I would just decide already.

I have no idea what to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment